Monday, June 10, 2013

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? (6/10/2013) #IMWAYR

  
Hosted by: Sheila @ Book Journey

To participate go here.

Hosted by: Jen & Kellee @ Teach Mentor Texts

To participate go here.

Life:

On Memorial Day I went to the zoo with my family, and this past Saturday I went to the Printers Row Lit Fest.  Otherwise work, etc.  The usual.

Lately, I've been reading:

Paging the Dead (Family History Mystery, Bk 1) by Brynn Bonner

Dishing up Death (Gourmet Pet Chef Mystery featuring Kitty Karlyle, Bk 1) by Marie Celine

The Brutal Telling (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache Mystery aka Three Pines Mystery, Bk 5) by Louise Penny; Read by Ralph Cosham (For the The Canadian Book Challenge 6)

So Cold the River by Michael Koryta (For book club A)

Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, Bk 8) by Jennifer Estep

A Murder at Rosamund's Gate (Lucy Campion, Bk 1) by Susanne Calkins (For the Historical Mystery Reading Challenge 2013)

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Bk 3) by Rick Riordan; Read by Jesse Bernstein

Some children's picture books: 




Some Canadian children's picture books (For the The Canadian Book Challenge 6):


Currently reading:

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Bk 4) by Rick Riordan; Read by Jesse Bernstein (Goodreads)

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (Goodreads) (For book club B)

To Be Read:

Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories: And Other Disasters by Jean Shepherd (Goodreads) (For book club C)

and

a ton of other books.

What have you been reading?

13 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the audio versions of the Percy Jackson series, but I have to say that in my opinion the spin-off series is even better. I am loving it! Desperate for the new book to come out. Have a great reading week! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1ze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My plan is finish the Percy Jackson books, watch the movie, and move on to the spin off. It is great to hear it is even better because I'm enjoying the Percy books so much.

      Delete
  2. Whew, quite a list! Percy Jackson are the only ones I recognize there. I hope you're enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. =) For some reason MG/YA fantasy series make great and captivating audios.

      Delete
  3. Bel Canto is a fantastic book. I hope you love it as much as I did. :)
    Have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear Bel Canto good. It isn't one I choose for myself and I need to hurry and get it read by Thursday, so hopefully I'll get caught up in it and zip through.

      Delete
  4. Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden memories sounds like it will be amusing - I hope you enjoy it!

    Read On!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I'm leading my very first book discussion with a group at a retirement center, and Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories is the book we'll be discussing.

      Delete
  5. I love Inspector Gamache...The Brutal Telling was the first Louise Penny book I read.

    Enjoy your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday!! What are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Inspector Gamache, but I can't imagine starting in the middle of the series. And especially with this one.

      Delete
  6. What a list! I read your thoughts on "So Cold the River" and I'd like to read it too. Need to see if our library has it on audio, because that's all I'm doing lately. Also, I see a new button, the Blogaholic Social Network. What's that about?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audios can be so convenient - sometimes - when reading other books requires sitting down and focusing. A nice perk.

      I saw it on another blog, and I decided to try it. But I haven't been actively using it, though, and I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with all the spam I've been getting lately (of course I also turned off the captcha after seeing so many people say they wouldn't comment). I may not keep it.

      Delete
    2. I feel your pain. Hate that Captcha business, but hate SPAM more. Sort of a bad spot to be in. :(

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.