Monday, August 6, 2012

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? (8/6/2012)

Hosted by: Sheila @ Book Journey

(If you'd like to participate you can go here.)

In the past week I've read and posted: 

Rich Man's Fake Fiancée by Catherine Mann

Seal Team Six: Memoirs of an Elite Navy Seal Sniper by Howard E. Wasdin & Stephen Templin; Read by Ray Porter

Still Life by Louise Penny; Read by Ralph Cosham


Currently reading:

 I'm currently between books.


This week's reading possibilities include:

 I have a couple ILL books that need read before they have to be returned.  So probably... 

Gold Fever by Vicki Delany 

The Next Margaret by Janice MacDonald Mant

Both of those are intended for the Canadian Book Challenge 6.  Other than that, I'll go where whim takes me.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I ended up liking it, though at first (the first part of disc 1) I was unsure. It took some time to get through since I was only listening to it in my car.

      Delete
  2. As long as we've known each other, I can't get it in my head you read Harlequin romances. How many do you have on your shelf? Is it a countable amount or are there too many? I haven't read any in a long time, but I'm a fan. I've gotten more into the YA romance they've been producing. Oh, and their Luna line, especially Sophie Littlefield's Zombie books. (I think there were only two.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read them since I was 17 or so (about 10 years). They originally hooked me through those 2 free, then you can cancel, deals.

      Anyway, I used to have a lot more (mostly used of course). When I was doing my big clear out, much of what I removed was the Harlequins. I just ignored the blurbs, and the spines all look the same so it was easier. Now my numbers are probably countable if they weren't mixed in with the rest.

      I really like their Luna line - though I've mostly read (surprise, surprise) the Mercedes Lackey ones. And the Laura Anne Gilman and C.E. Murphy books. I also (and this surprises even me) really enjoy the Desire line. I used to read a lot of the MIRA and Intrigue lines.

      I haven't tried the YA books yet. Mostly because they were promoting Rachel Vincent so much, and I didn't care for her Stray.

      Delete
    2. I've mentioned about my plans to read Mercedes Lackey's books, but I don't see that happening in the next couple of months. My reading is WAY down. I remember reading a book every other day. Now I'm lucky to read one a week. I usually manage two a month. That's sad. Maybe the mood will pick up this winter.

      I've heard of C.E. Murphy and have that author down as future books to read, but Anne Gilman is a new one. I'm off to check it out!

      Delete
    3. Oops! I meant Laura Anne Gilman.

      Delete
  3. Thats quite an eclectic mix, I hope you enjoy them all!

    Thanks for stopping by Book'd Out earlier

    Shelleyrae

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.