Tuesday, July 3, 2018

12th Annual Canadian Book Challenge

I participated in this the 6th - 8th years (that last which, as I recall, I didn't finish).  But I'm refreshing myself and this blog.  Plus, I've always enjoyed this challenge.


Between July 1 and June 30 of next year, I will be striving to read AND post at least 13 Canadian books (that is, books by Canadian authors).  I will update them here as well as on the host blog.  Speaking of which, this challenge is now being hosted by Melwyk at The Industrious Reader.  Stop by here for more information: 12th Annual Canadian Book Challenge.
  1. White Sand Blues by Vicki Delany
  2. Coyote Tales by Thomas King ; Illustrated by Byron Eggenschwiler
  3. Mary Who Wrote Frankenstein by Linda Bailey; Illustrated by Júlia Sardà (Spanish Illustrator)
  4. Back to the Future by Kim Smith
  5. Dr. Jo: How Sara Josephine Baker Saved the Lives of America's Children by Monica Killing; Illustrated by Julianna Swaney 
  6. Anna at the Art Museum by Hazel Hutchins and Gail Herbert; Illustrated by Lil Crump
  7. The Elephant Keeper: Caring for Orphaned Elephants in Zambia by Margriet Ruurs; Illustrated by Pedro Covo (Columbian Illustrator) 
  8. E. T. the Extra-Terrestrial by Kim Smith
  9. The X-Files: Earth Children are Weird by Kim Smith
  10. ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog because I had the luck to find your blog and the Canadian Book Challenge! I went ahead and joined it! Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! This is one of my favorite challenges. I particularly enjoy finding new Canadian authors who write in the genres I already enjoy.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.