Thursday, September 8, 2016

The Body in the Library

Title: The Body in the Library

Author: Agatha Christie [Websiteaka Mary Westmacott

Publisher: HarperCollins

Series: Miss Marple Mystery, Bk 2

ISBN: 9780061739521

Obtained: Library ebook

Why this book?:

I needed a "book published 15 years ago or more" for the Summer Reading bingo.  I decided to interpret that as original publication date.  Plus I had read the first in both the Miss Marple and poirot series, but hadn't gone further.

Note:

I just read back my commentary about the first book in this series, The Murder at the Vicarage, and realized I claimed I would read them all in audio.  Obviously that didn't happen.

Comments:

I enjoyed this mystery.  It flowed better for me than some vintage mysteries have, and I enjoyed the story line.  I was, of course particularly interested in the body being in a library.  I'm no Miss Marple and I did not detect the circumstances.  Which meant I was able to enjoy the unraveling of the plotting and scheming that goes hand in hand with this type of story.  Fun; I'll have to be quicker about reading the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.