Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two

Title: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two

Author: J. K. Rowling [Website][Harry Potter the Play Website][IMDb]  aka Joanne Rowling aka Robert Galbraith and John Tiffany [Harry Potter the Play Website][IMDb][Playbill] and Jack Thomas [Harry Potter the Play Website][IMDb]

Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books

Series: Harry Potter, Bk 8 (or a Harry Potter spinoff)

ISBN: 9781338099133

Length: 308 pages + "About the Production" ; 2 Parts, 4 Acts

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

Hello.  Harry Potter.  But I was also able to use it as a format I don't usually read for the Summer Reading Bingo.

Comments:

It's been awhile, so I don't remember all the details of the original Harry Potter books.  The format took some adjusting, but after the first bit where it's glossing over years of events, I settled in.  Much of the story touches on the gloom that can be "real life" where bad things happen, where people don't always understand each other, where prejudices still exist, and where your "good guys" and "bad guys" aren't always so clear cut.  And it had a bit of the butterfly effect going on (not my favorite theme, but I guess it suited the story).

I haven't read any reviews (I've been rather scared to), so I don't know if people generally liked it or not.  It sounds, from the quick bits I've heard IRL, like there have been mixed feelings.  On the one hand, I was okay with the way it ended in book 7.  On the other hand, I had no objection to discovering Rowling's tale of Albus's life (so very different than imagination might have had it).  Overall, I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.