Friday, September 9, 2016

Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them AND Quidditch Through the Ages

Title: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them

Author: Newt Scamander ; J. K. Rowling [Websiteaka Joanne Rowling aka Robert Galbraith [Website]

Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books ; Obscurus Books

ISBN: 0439321603

Length: 42 pages

Part of a box set released through the U.K. Comic Relief


Title: Quidditch Through the Ages

Author: Kennilworthy Whisp ; J. K. Rowling [Websiteaka Joanne Rowling aka Robert Galbraith [Website]

Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books ; WhizzHard Books

ISBN: 0439321611

Length: 56 pages

Part of a box set released through the U.K. Comic Relief



Why these books?:

I - ahem - read both of these for the Summer Reading program (Red Cover and Sports Book).  They are certainly for all ages, correct?

Plus I wanted to read Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them before the movie and screenplay.

Comments: 

I had held off reading these all these years because I was uncertain of what I'd find.  They were both quick and interesting reads.  

Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them is a copy of Harry Potter's textbook, so every time there was a notation, I was mentally trying to place when on the timeline it might be referring to.

Quidditch Through the Ages is more of a history (a copy of the Hogwarts Library copy).  I found myself most interested in the part about the various teams from around the world.  It was especially timely reading after the watching some of the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.