Saturday, September 10, 2016

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

Title: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

Author: Alexander McCall Smith [Website][Facebook][Twitter]

Publisher: Anchor Books

Series: No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Bk 1

ISBN: 1400034779

Length: 235 pages

Obtained: Own, I think I might have got it from a library book sale?  Along with the 2nd and 3rd books in the series.

Why this book?:

I've wanted to read it for sometime and yet it sat.  And waited. And sat. And waited.  But it has a number in the title, so it qualified for the Summer Reading bingo.

Comments:

This was a lovely book.  It flowed well, Mma Ramotse is a fascinating character.  Her detecting and the culture expressed were interesting.  I wasn't happy about some of her choices, but everybody is human, and I guess that is the way of it - learning experiences.

I really enjoyed this and look forward to reading more of this series.  (And to watching the movies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.