Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Nordic Theory of Everything: In Search of a Better Life

Title: The Nordic Theory of Everything: In Search of a Better Life

Author: Anu Partanen [Website][Facebook][Twitter] ; Read by Abby Craden [Website][Audiofile][IMDb][Facebook]

Publisher: HarperCollins

ISBN:  9780062643186

Length: 10 hours, 28 minutes

Obtained:  Library downloadable audio copy

Why this book?:

I saw it - somewhere (maybe a professional journal?), it caught my interest, and I requested it in audio on OverDrive.  (I do non-fiction better in audio.  Print non-fiction tends to come in the house, never get read, and leave with regretful thoughts of "next time, maybe")

Comments:

Overall, I thought this book was interesting and though-provoking.  I was especially interested in the education and parenting aspects, but had no trouble listening to the sections on individual-business-government relationships, employee benefits, health care, taxation, etc.  Several parts of the book were certainly repetitive, but I was able to deal with that.  I was left with the thoughts, "Okay so this, this, and this could be better, but what am I supposed to be able to do about that?"

Narration, by the way, was good.  The various quotes started to sound similar, with one or two men's voices and a couple women's voices, but that was okay, because the bulk of the book - Anu Partanen's words - were easy listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.