Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Will in Scarlet

Title: Will in Scarlet

Author: Matthew Cody [Website][Twitter]

Publisher: Knopf

ISBN: 9780375868955

Length: 253 pages

Obtained: ARC (from staff lounge at work I think)

Why this book?:

I've been clearing out some if my teen and pre-teen ARCs.

Note: The color of the cover image is distorted.  It was more of a light blue background, but my phone camera isn't much good.

Comments: 

I actually thought this was going to be about William Shakespeare, not Robin Hood (obviously I didn't look closely at the cover... "The boy behind the Robin Hood legend" was a bit too obvious for me.).  

Once I was reading it, I kept mentally comparing the cast of characters the the BBC America Robin Hood. So there were differences and similarities with the Much and Will and Rob characters that were interesting to note and wonder about.

I enjoyed the story and this new take on a classic legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.