Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Catch-up, Pt 3

Title: O Pioneers!

Author: Willa Cather [Willa Cather Foundation][Willa Cather Archive][PBS American Masters]

Read for a book discussion.  At first it very much felt like required school reading, but eventually I became more interested.  The last quarter was strange, IMO.

Title: Paradise (Second Opportunities, Bk 1) (re-read)

Author: Judith McNaught [Website][Facebook]

Re-read just because.  I admittedly skimmed some at the beginning.

Title: Remember When (Foster Saga, 2) (re-read)

Author: Judith McNaught [Website][Facebook]

After reading Paradise, I had a need to re-read this one.

Title: Tell Me No Lies (re-read)

Author: Elizabeth Lowell [Website][Facebook][Twitter] aka Ann Maxwell

This was in the same box as the Judith McNaught books and appealed.  I couldn't remember much of the story, just that I had liked it when I initially read it and the one time I re-read it before.

Title: Heroes Are My Weakness

Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips [Website][Facebook][Twitter]

The title caught my interest.  But it turns out I enjoyed it.  I liked the ventriloquist thing.  And quite frankly I liked Annie.  Though the big bad secret from the past was weird (kinda horrible, really).  And I guessed parts of the history in question before it was revealed.  I wasn't especially happy about the other stuff going on, either.

Title: Breathing Room (re-read)

Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips [Website][Facebook][Twitter]

Re-read just because.  I admittedly skimmed some at the beginning.

Title: The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared

Author: Jonas Jonasson [Website]

Read for book club.  This was my pick and I was so pleased to find it was hilarious.  I loved the historical elements.  Allan kinda struck me as a sociopath, but in such a way that I couldn't resist enjoying him and his exploits anyway.  Also, the author is Swedish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.