Thursday, March 22, 2012

Romance through time and one magical book...

Miss Whitlow's Turn by Jenna Mindel (personal copy) - 


I was in the mood for a historical, I'd been working on my big clean out, I came across this book, and something just drew me.  I enjoyed it.  I liked both Harriet Whitlow and George Clasby and enjoyed watching them take action to make their futures what they wanted.  And I liked the reformed rake bit part.


The Officer and the Proper Lady (Silk & Scandal, Bk 7) (Harlequin Historical Regency #1020) by Louise Allen (personal copy) - 


I picked this to read because I figured Officer was a Title in the title.  I'm not sure now that it should count for  Harlequin Silhouette 2012 Reading Challenge, so I'll probably read another for that category.  Nevertheless, I read the book, so here's what I thought of it.... I enjoyed it.  I was in a mood for historicals, so that may be part of it.  But I really liked the setting and the characters.  I liked the hope that threaded through the story.  I'm glad I read it and look forward to reading either more by this author, of this mini-series, or both.


Babies by the Busload (The Baby Shower, Bk 3) (Silhouette Desire #1022) by Raye Morgan (personal copy) - 


This book fills the Author with a M name category of the Harlequin Silhouette 2012 Reading Challenge.  What to say about it. Ummm... It was quick and light.  And perhaps a touch silly.  I liked it for what it was, but I think it could have been more.  Not much more to say.


Forever Blue (Tall, Dark, & Dangerous, bk 2) (Silhouette Intimate Moments #742) by Suzanne Brockmann (personal copy) - 


I've read one or two of Brockmann's SEAL silhouette books before and I was working on collecting the rest before I read more.  Unfortunately, most didn't make it through my recent clean out (i.e. they're being donated).  This one lasted because of the color in the title fills a  Harlequin Silhouette 2012 Reading Challenge category.  Blue did seem  kinda self-centered (he seemed to see Lucy more for what she could do to help him in his predicament than for herself), but otherwise...  It was a nice read, with the required HEA.


The Secretary's Secret (Silhouette Desire #1774) by Michelle Celmer (personal copy) - 


This isn't something I think I've really discussed on my blog, but when it comes to Harlequin/Silhouette romances, there are some themes that I tend to gravitate more towards.  Clichéd though it may be, the secretary/boss relationship is one of them.  I can't really explain why.  But that's the theme behind this book, so even once I no longer needed to read this to fulfill the author name beginning with M category in the Harlequin Silhouette 2012 Reading Challenge I still did.  It was a nice, quick read.  My only disappointment was the the "secret" in the title and blurb on the back is told early on.  I know that disappointment is a little contradictory since I'm always irritated when characters keep something like that back.  But still - it didn't really qualify as a secret, IMO.  Oh and the ending was a little overboard.  Other than those small things, I enjoyed it.


Grave Dance (Alex Craft, Bk 2) by Kalayna Price (library copy) -

I'm glad I heard about this series because I'm really enjoying it.  I like Alex Craft and I'm with her through all of her adventures.  When she's in a tight spot I feel the strain.  And when she's lost a loved one (as in they've disappeared), I feel that as well.  Her magic is different and I'm enjoying exploring what she can and/or can't do with it as it opens to her even more.  I very much look forward to reading book 3, Grave Memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.