Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cleaning Out, Part II ... A story in pictures

You may have been waiting for the (semi)-promised pics of my clean out attempt, so here we go...

[Note: Please ignore the shelves in the background.  Those aren't mine.]

Before (I'd started but hadn't gotten far)
Before, Angle 2
During ... Books were sorted in boxes on a folding table
And now, what we've ALL been waiting for ... THE RESULTS

Books to be sold in rummage sale this summer

Being picked up by Amvets mid-April


What I kept (ignore the cooler)
I also had 3 boxes that were going to a local nursing home and ended up going to ReadingTree.org (no pics, sorry). 

As you can see, I still have work to do.  It took 3 nights (about 9 hrs).  The AmVets boxes still need lugged upstairs, I still have more books in my room, etc., and there's still quite a bit left.  But I parted with books I didn't think I would, and I'm happy with my progress.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that organizing was a lot of work. =) Once the AmVets boxes get picked up I think I'll feel like more has been done.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.