Friday, January 8, 2010

The 2010 Young Adult Reading Challenge

I knew I planned to participate in this challenge, but was procrastinating on actually writing this post. The problem is, I'm supposed to choose a level, and I have NO IDEA how many books is even slightly realistic. I don't want the goal to be unreachable, and I don't want it to be too easy.

Anyway, since I've already been reading YA books this year, the time has come... I am hesitantly going with the Super Size Me YA Reading Challenge level (75 YA books), and reserve the right to edit this post to the next highest level (Stepping It Up) should there be need by the end of July (at least I have a deadline).

If you're interested in signing up, visit this page.

If you'd like to read reviews of books read for this challenge, you can do so here.

If you'd like to know who has completed this challenge, that information can be found here.

My 2010 YA reads include:
  1. shiver by Maggie Stiefvater [January]
  2. Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater [January]
  3. Wake by Lisa McMann [January]
  4. Tempted by P.C. Cast + Kristin Cast [January]
  5. Wings by Aprilynne Pike [January]
  6. Bran Hambric: The Farfield Curse by Kaleb Nation [January]
  7. The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney [January]
  8. Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston [January]
  9. With a Single Spell by Lawrence Watt-Evans [January]
  10. Fade by Lisa McMann [January]
  11. Newsgirl by Liza Ketchum [February]
  12. Evernight by Claudia Gray [February]
  13. The Last Apprentice: Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney [February]
  14. The Last Apprentice: Night of the Soul Stealer by Joseph Delaney [February]

2 comments:

  1. So glad you are joining this reading challenge with me! One thing is you can change the level as you go. Nothing is set in stone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I can participate in the challenge. I do enjoy YA books, but then, I enjoy most genres so they share my time. This will make YAs a prominant part of my reading...and give me a chance to do some catching up.

    Good thing about the level being flexible, though.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.