Saturday, December 20, 2008

Getting ahead of myself ...

I'm currently reading False Profits (A Tucker Sinclair Mystery, 1) - Patricia Smiley.

Occasionally, I come across a book that even while I'm enjoying reading it, I want to just get through. That is, I'm interested in the plot, I want to know the conclusion, but I have this continually nagging urge to move on to the next book. Sometimes this happens because the book has reminded me of another book I suddenly have the urge to re-read. Often when this happens, it is because it is part of a series.

That's the case with False Profits. I want to start the second book in the series, and that simply can't happen until I finish this one. Now what makes this different than the usual senario, is I've never read any of these books. I'm not in a hurry to move onto a beloved scene that happens in the next book - I have no clue what happens in this one, let alone the next. I'm not anxious to start the new book in the series that just came out. I have had this one, along with the next and possibly the third (I can't remember) patiently sitting in one of my TBR piles for months now. So what's the deal? ::sigh::

Well, back to my book...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.