Thursday, October 5, 2017

Garage Sale Stalker

Title: Garage Sale Stalker

Author: Suzi Weinert [Website][Facebook][Twitter]

Publisher: Bluewater Press

Series: Garage Sale Mysteries, Bk 1

ISBN: 9781604520903

Length: 326 pages + "Reading group Discussion Questions"

Obtained: Library (ILL) copy

Why this book?:

At the time of this writing, I've watched all 11 (to date) of the Garage Sale Mystery movies on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries with Lori Loughlin. This mean I've been intending to read the book(s) that inspired these movies for quite some time.  It finally happened.

Comments:

The problem with watching movies/TV shows prior to reading the book(s) is that you've already had an image of characters presented.  So differences from what you now have in mind are jarring.  I spent the first part of the book identifying differences.  But the subject matter in the book is pretty dark (horrible child - and animal - abuse), and many of the details of the first movie have faded, so I was drawn into the story.

I intend to rewatch the first couple movies to refresh my memory.  I will also (eventually) read the second and third books in the series - the movies have long since passed up the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.