Monday, December 12, 2016

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay

Title: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay

Author: J. K. Rowling [Websiteaka Joanne Rowling aka Robert Galbraith [Website] ; Illustrated by MinaLima [Website] aka Miraphora Mina [IMDb] and Eduardo Lima [IMDb]

Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books

Series: Fantastic Beasts, Bk 1 (spinoff of the Harry Potter series)

ISBN: 9781338109061

Length: 284 pages + "Glossary of Film Terms" + Cast & Crew"

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

Of course I had to read this.

Comments:

I really enjoyed the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie.  At the time of watching it, I had a hold on the screen play but was still waiting for my place in the queue.

When I finally started reading, I was astounded.  I've always read books then watched movies, and there were always differences.  But as the screenplay this is the exact dialogue in the exact order and with all the descriptions.  I had vivid images of what had been portrayed on screen popping up as I read.  My imagination just isn't that good.  And I was able to see names I had missed while watching or understand a couple parts that I may have missed the significance of while watching.  I was also able to catch the parts I had missed with restroom breaks for myself and the kiddos.

The only drawback is, I REALLY wish I could see it again now.  I don't know.  Maybe I will.

Anyway, I gather the movie is part of a series, so I'm hoping for the same in regards to published screenplays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.