Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend

Despite some false starts, this flowed for me.  By flowed, I mean read it until the moment I had to work (including at a red light), read it on my dinner break (including while standing in line at the grocery store purchasing snacks for the adult coloring event), and finally finished it when I got home from work.

Author: Katarina Bivald [Website][Facebook][Twitter]; Translated by Alice Menzies
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 9781492623441
Length: 384 pages
Obtained: Library copy

I found it to be a quirky, light book about books, small towns, and people. Many of the reviews on Goodreads seem to point to average and predictable, but while I avoid official ratings, I personally would place this higher than that.  Maybe it is a matter of perspective. ::shrug::  I don't need to be shocked and awed with every book I read.  And I generally love books about books (with an exception for The End of Your Life Book Club which dragged on horribly for me).

I suspect part of what appealed was that Sara managed to find just the right book for some of the towns non-readers.  And of course I'm a fan of romance (which I didn't even expect) and happy endings.  I do admit that I was skimming over Amy's letters through the second half of the book in an attempt to get to the living characters stories.

Something I found interesting: Sara mentions the Swedish title of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and what it means, reaffirming that I don't really want to read that series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.