Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Siren's Call

Title: Siren's Call

Author: Jayne Castle aka Jayne Ann Krentz [Website][Facebookaka Amanda Quick

Publisher: JOVE

Series: Harmony, Bk 12 ; Rainshadow, Bk 4 or 5 (depending on how you look at it)

ISBN: 9780515155747

Length: 323 pages

Obtained: Personal copy, purchased new

Why this book?:

I really enjoy this series and author.  When I saw it on the shelves I decided I needed to buy it (thankfully it is a paperback and therefore more affordable).  And then when it came out of the bag about a week later (my bad), I had to read it right away (nevermind that I was exhausted and had work the next morning).

Comments:

I liked Ella, Rafe, and, of course, Lorelei the dust bunny.  In fact, I love the Harmony and Rainshadow books overall.  They have managed to maintain their quick read status when I am becoming increasingly distracted and restless with my reading.

I thought the siren bit was cool, and the secret genetically passed down psychic ability is a theme I'm happy to revisit that makes the heroine "unmatchable" (but not really) brought me fond memories of the St. Helen's books (which I'll admit, I miss) as well as other Harmony books.

The alien dinosaur bit was interesting.  I thought the timing amusing considering Jurassic World coming out the same year.

Anyway, I look forward to future Harmony/Rainshadow books, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.