Monday, August 31, 2015

Dualed

Title: Dualed

Author: Elsie Chapman [Website][Facebook][Twitter]

Publisher: Random House

Series: Dualed, Bk 1

ISBN: 9780307931542

Length: 291 Pages

Obtained: ARC from the staff lounge.

Why this book?:

Apparently the director and director's secretary have been going through ARCs they picked up and thought they would read but haven't gotten around to.  After offering them up to all the branch managers, they brought those left to the lounge.  So this had a 2013 release date (according to the spine), but I just picked it up a couple days ago.  And then I thought to myself, "Self, aren't you clearing through these?  Do you really need more?" And myself thought back, "But it looks good, and you need a print book to read right now so you don't drain your cell battery."  And I ended up not only snagging it, but also reading it.

Comments:

While this type of book (dystopian) is not my book of choice (usually), and while it had themes I did not like that reminded me greatly of Hunger Games (kids/teens killing each other for survival), this was actually a pretty interesting book.  It had a lot of the 'who am I?' and 'what makes me me?' and general detachment from society themes that YA books do so well.

There was an assassin spin that I would have appreciated more if only it hadn't been assassination of kids by a kid.  Which kinda sent me in a tailspin, cause it didn't fit my 'moral code of fictional assassin protagonists' mental grouping/ideas.  I'm not sure that makes sense in the writing the way it does in my head.

But there is a book 2, Divided.  And it's already published which means I already put it on hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.