Monday, June 30, 2014

Bonechiller

Title: Bonechiller

Author: Graham McNamee [RandomHouse Kids][Goodreads] (He's a modern award-winning author with no website and no good biographic information available...this is the best I managed to find.)

Publisher: Wendy Lamb Books

ISBN: 9780385908955

Length: 294 pages

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

1) I needed to read some more Canadian books to finish the  7th annual Canadian Book Challenge 
2) I did a basic Amazon search and saw this title listed.
3) It sounded interesting enough to request (along with others), and when it came time to pick something, it appealed.

Comments: 

I very carefully did not read a description of these beyond the initial Amazon search I had made (most of which I promptly forgot), so I got to enjoy the story as it came.  It was not what I expected.  The protagonist, Danny has a strange encounter with a beast.  He's attacked by a "beast," but when he wakes up there isn't much evidence that what he remembers is real.

I really enjoyed this story.  I was with Danny all the way, rooting for him and his mixed-up bunch of friends.  Graham McNamee is an award-winning author and I can see why.  The situation had me guessing the whole time.  Is this beast the Wendigo, some sort of Yeti, some unheard of creature, or some group delusion between him and his friends?  Whatever it is, will Danny and friends triumph, or are they helpless?  I appreciated the cultural touches, the finding-himself aspect, and the horror suspense.

I would definitely read more by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.