Monday, May 12, 2014

The Scarlet Pepper

Title: The Scarlet Pepper

Author: Dorothy St. James [Website] aka Dorothy McFalls [Website]

Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime Mystery

Series: White House Gardener Mystery, Bk 2

ISBN: 9780425247044

Length: 307 + "Page from Casey's Summer Gardener Notebook" + "Recipe for Quick and Easy Sheet Composting"

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

I've read the first book, Flowerbed of State in 2011 (no review, but it was part of a reading challenge).  I enjoyed it, but hadn't gotten around to reading any further in the series.  I was once again at work, going to lunch, and hadn't brought any books with me.  So I browsed, saw the 3rd book, Oak and Dagger, and decided to see if I could find this one to catch up.  And there it was.

Comments:

I did not remember much about the 1st book.  The main character, Casey, annoyed me here and there when she took chances and made assumptions (did she ever!) that I thought were too much.  And I did guess the bad guy from as soon as a murder was discovered.  But despite all that, I did enjoy the series and plan on reading the 3rd book (which I checked out as soon as I finished reading this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.