Monday, May 5, 2014

The Collector

Title: The Collector

Author: Nora Roberts [Website] [Facebook] aka Eleanor Marie Robertson Aufem-Brinke Wilder aka J. D. Robb aka Sarah Hardesty aka Jill March

Publisher: G. P. Putnam's Sons

ISBN: 9780399164453

Length: 483 pages

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

It's the new Nora Roberts.  My request came in at a good time.  I had just finished Buried in a Bog, and the Irish setting had already put me in the mind of Nora Roberts books (not that this one shares that setting - it does not).

Comments:

Lila is a professional house-sitter.  Doesn't that sound like an awesome job?  She house-sits all over the world but New York is her home base.  Again, that is awesome.  But then she witnesses a murder (because she is watching the neighbors with binoculars... I'm nosy but I don't know that I would go to that extent), and the brother (Ashton) of the suspect (dead along with the victim Lila witnessed) asks Lila for help.  He just can't believe his brother would do something like that.

Which leads to a mesh of suspense and romance and art and family drama... the usual.  I liked the characters - both main and side - though I don't think I would have reacted in the same ways as any of them.

Typical of a Nora Roberts stand-alone I enjoyed the story.  I did not connect, perhaps, the way I used to with her older writings, but that's okay.  I look forward to reading more anyway.  And I still have some catching up to do with some past books and trilogies as well.  Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.