Monday, April 21, 2014

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened

Title: Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened

Author: Allie Brosh [Website][Website Pt 2][Twitter][Website Facebook]

Publisher: Touchstone

ISBN: 9781451666175

Length: 369 pages

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

I saw it on Wowbrary.  It looked interesting.  I started it on a whim.

Comments:


Very interesting.  Parts are funny, especially relating to the dogs and some of the childhood stories.  And parts were surprisingly deep.  My father has issues with depression (a lot more long term than I get the impression Allie's was, but still) and has actually attempted suicide, and it was interesting to see it from that perspective instead of the family members, and in such a descriptive way.  And of course parts are just okay.  But I don't expect anyone trying to be funny to strike me that way every single time.  Anyway, I'm glad I read it.  I spent some interesting time browsing Allie's blog about midway through the book.  And I ("duh" moment) realized she's the one that does that "clean all the things!" which is very amusing in context.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.