Monday, June 17, 2013

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? (6/17/2013) #IMWAYR

  
Hosted by: Sheila @ Book Journey

To participate go here.

Hosted by: Jen & Kellee @ Teach Mentor Texts

To participate go here.

Life:

Not much.  I spent my day off helping my sister and BIL take out a broken hot tub - dirty hard work.  And it felt like it took a lot longer than the 3 hours it actually took.

Lately, I've been reading (and/or posting):

Wuthering Heights: A Weather Primer by Jennifer Adams; Illustrated by Alison Oliver CHILDREN'S BOARD BOOK
Sense & Sensibility: An Opposites Primer by Jennifer Adams; Illustrated by Alison Oliver
CHILDREN'S BOARD BOOK
Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Jack and Holman Wang CHILDREN'S BOARD BOOK
Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace by Jack and Holman Wang CHILDREN'S BOARD BOOK
Victor Hugo's Les Misérables by Jack and Holman Wang CHILDREN'S BOARD BOOK

No Pirates Allowed! Said Library Lou by Rhonda Gowler Greene; Illustrated by Brian Ajhar
 Never Let a Ghost Borrow Your Library Book: Book Care Guidelines from the Library Secret Service by Karen Casale; Illustrated by Cecilia Rebora
A Book Is Just Like You!: All About the Parts of a Book by Kathleen Fox; Illustrated by John Wallace
That Book Woman by Heather Henson; Illustrated by David Small
 
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Bk 4) by Rick Riordan; Read by Jesse Bernstein
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett (for a book club)
Currently reading:
Nada.  I'm between books.
Upcoming:
Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories: And Other Disasters by Jean Shepherd (Goodreads) (for a book club)
The President's Club: Inside the World's Most Exclusive Fraternity by Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy (for a book club)
Plus, plenty of other books, including (I hope):
a cozy cull
and
a historical mystery to complete the Historical Mystery Reading Challenge 2013.
What have you been reading?

19 comments:

  1. I spotted someone's review of Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories elsewhere and thought it sounded like a good read- I hope you enjoy it!

    Read On!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing what you are reading. I'm especially interested in finding out more about the new books-about-libraries/books that you shared.

    Here's my It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may be children's books, but they're interesting children's books.

      Delete
  3. You certainly read an interesting variety of books. I want to check out those about libraries too. Come see my Monday Report here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you do! And thanks. =)

      Delete
  4. You have an eclectic taste in reading like I do :)
    I have read a few of the classic titles but way back when, and haven't heard of your newer ones, but that's what makes this meme fun--discovering all the titles we might never have stumbled upon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun is one way to look at it. Another is overwhelmed. It's usually somewhere in between for me.

      Delete
  5. Wow - all those classics! I keep telling myself I need to reread a bunch of classics, but I never get to it! I loved Bel Canto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I loved Bel Canto, but I did appreciate it. And I kept thinking about it after I'd finished it.

      Delete
  6. Fun that you read a wide variety of books. I will need to find some of those books about libraries. :)

    My Monday Post is at Reading Through Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun and cute. I'd be interested to see what others think of them...

      Delete
  7. Nice mix of reading genres. ENJOY your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a decent mixture of genres. Apparently I read less, but with more variety.

      Delete
  8. I love the list of the childrens books about books/libraries. I will have to look into some of those.
    Here is my Monday .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun with them that I'm looking for more. =)

      Delete
  9. Ack! Hate that between books feeling. It's why I usually have two or three picked out before my current one is done. I just finished Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo. It was so good, I gave it to my daughter. (audio book) I laughed so hard...and yes, it was creepy too. Right now, I'm listening to the first book in the Chicagoland Vampire Series by Chloe Neill. I have a feeling I'll continue on with this series too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up jumping into a book that was most definitely not in line. ::sigh:: What am I going to do with myself?

      I read and enjoyed the first couple Chicagoland Vampire books but then I got behind. Yet another series I should catch up on.

      Delete
    2. Jo, I finished Chloe Neill's book and wow, I'm hooked. I'll continue on with that series for sure.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.