Saturday, April 20, 2013

Cozy Cull [10] - Pride and Prescience (Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged) by Carrie Bebris

According to Merriam-Webster:
Definition of CULL
1 : to select from a group : choose  
2 : to reduce or control the size of (as a herd) by removal (as by hunting) of especially weaker animals; also : to hunt or kill (animals) as a means of population control
The plan is:
  1. Each week I read one of the MANY cozy mysteries I have among my personal books.  
  2. I write a post about it. 
  3. Then I offer it in a giveaway in order to cull my "herd" of cozies... as "a means of population control."
 Please spread the word, even if you've already read this week's book. 

This week I have the first book in the Mr. & Mrs. Darcy Mystery series, Pride and Prescience (Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged) by Carrie Bebris (published May 2007 - first published February 2004). 

You can find my thoughts on Pride and Prescience (Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged) here.

From Goodreads:
Pride and Prescience (Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged), a Mr. and Mrs. Darcy Mystery, embroils the joyous newlyweds Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam Darcy in a mystery involving one of their wedding guests.

The lovely Caroline Bingley is engaged to marry a rich and charismatic American. Unfortunately, this windswept courtship is marred by many strange events-- nocturnal wanderings, spooked horses, carriage accidents, and even an apparent suicide attempt. Soon the whole Bingley family seems the target of a mysterious plot, with only the Darcys recognizing the danger

Sinister forces are afoot and the Darcys must get to the bottom of the plot before the blushing bride descends into madness--or worse.
It's all in the terms and conditions, but in case you missed those...
Giveaway ends Thursday, April 25th (11:59 pm CT). I'll give the winner 48 hours from the time of notification to respond before I move on to someone else. The winner will be announced here once I've received a reply to my email.
It's not required, but feel free to comment!

And the winner is Vanessa of MomLovesDeals!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this giveaway. What a great idea Cozy Cull is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And spread the word if you know anyone else who would like to win cozies.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.