Monday, February 18, 2013

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? (2/18/2013) #IMWAYR

 
Hosted by: Sheila @ Book Journey

To participate go here.

I haven't participated in this meme at all this 2013!  I have about 9 minutes to type it up in, so it'll be rough.

Lately, I've been reading:

The Shipshewana Amish Mysteries (I've read book 1 and book 2) by Vannetta Chapman
The Flavia de Luce Mysteries (I've read through book 4) by Alan Bradley (Read by Jayne Entwistle)
The Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-N-Craft Mysteries (I've read through book 3) by Joanna Campbell Slan
Fairyland series (I've read book 1) by Catherynne M. Valente

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

and, of course, some children's books (Including, but not limited to: A Child's Garden: A Story of Hope, I Loathe You, and A Few Blocks).

I'm currently reading:

 A Rule Against Murder (Three Pines/Chief Inspector Armand Gamache Mystery, Bk 4) by Louise Penny (Read by Ralph Cosham)

I hope to read soon:

The next book in the 4 above mentioned series.

A Cozy Cull Book.

11 comments:

  1. You got a lot of reading done, I see. I heard the books by Penny Louise are very nice, so I am curious to know how you like the one you read.

    Have a great reading week,
    kind regards,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I didn't read them all in the last week but over time. I like the Louise Penny books, but I've learned I can't read them back to back. That makes catching up with the series slow going.

      Delete
  2. I read The Casual Vacancy last year, I enjoyed it. What do you think so far?

    have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Rowling is an excellent writer, but I didn't love that particular story.

      Delete
  3. I tried listening to the first Flavia book on audio but I wasn't able to keep track of it on audio. I think I need to read these books. Not all books work for me on audio. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had books that just weren't right for me in audio too. But I hope you do try reading them print or ebook, either way.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read the new Rowling yet but I'm hoping to get to it one of these days. I hope you enjoy it!

    Have a great week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciated it, and I'm glad I read it, but enjoy? No, not really. =)

      Let me know what you think if/when you read it.

      Delete
  5. I was wondering where these Monday posts went! Glad to see it again. As you know, I'm a fan of this meme. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been getting backed up with my reviews and when I don't have those done, I'm reluctant to do the Monday meme. So I use what time I have catching up and run out by the time I'm caught up enough to post. But I miss them too.

      Delete
    2. Jo, I know I said I wasn't, but I'm seriously considering joining in this weekly meme. Maybe not every week, but when I read something new. Also, not sure how much time I can dedicate to visiting other blogs, but maybe I can give myself a set number. ;)

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.