Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cozying up with some mysteries...

Button Holed by Kylie Logan (Connie Laux, Casey Daniels, Miranda Bliss, Connie Lane, Connie Deka) (Button Box Mystery, Bk 1) (library copy) -

I have to admit I found Josie's button obsession kinda weird (which is really saying something).  But overall, I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to trying the next in the series, Hot Button.

Liver Let Die by Liz Lipperman (Clueless Cook, Bk 1) (library copy) -

I connected with Jordan McAllister, Clueless Cook, in a couple ways: She starts with what she can find in the field she's interested in even when it's the bottom, then moves up to something better but still not quite there.  I started as a page and have moved up to clerk, but still haven't reached librarian level.  The other area of commonality is the not into cooking part.  I look forward to reading more of Jordan's adventures.

Shoulder Bags and Shootings
and
Clutches and Curses

by Dorothy Howell (Haley Randolph, Bk 3 and 4) (library copies) -
Haley Randolph baffles me.  Her work ethic is so ... nonexistent, which I absolutely can't understand (Not that I'm like co-worker Christy in Shoulder Bags and Shootings.  I would probably find that as obnoxious and annoying as Haley did).  Nor do I understand the lack of concern over the debt she has built up (I have student loans to pay and I can't stand them).
All that on top of not understanding her shopping addiction (I HATE shopping)... and yet I still enjoy these books.  I look forward to book 5 in the series, Tote Bags and Toe Tags.  I also need to look into the ebook short "Slay Bells and Satchels" ... I think I may already have it.  Otherwise I'll need to look into buying it **grumbles**.

After mentioning in my post about The Roman Hat by Ellery Queen that I might watch the Ellery Queen Mysteries DVD, I recieved some encouragement to move forward with this idea. I haven't gotten very far yet, but I have started. The main thing I'm noticing now has more to do with the actors than the story. Ellery Queen is played by Jim Hutton. I love the show Leverage which stars (among others) Timothy Hutton, Jim Hutton's son. As I watch Jim Hutton act I keep seeing these expressions I'm used to seeing in his son, and it's cracking me up. Anyway, more on my impressions later, as I get further into the show...

3 comments:

  1. Oh I haven't read any of these yet. I will have to check them out.

    PS I left a hint on your comment regarding the #2 book cover for my guess the covers contest :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always coming across cozies I haven't read yet. There are just too many of them. For instance, while I own a few of Leann Sweeney's books, I've yet to read any.

    And thanks. I can't believe I didn't catch that sooner...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny! I kept comparing how much Timothy and Jim Hutton look so much alike.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.