Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Heiress


Title: The Heiress

Author: Lynsay Sands

Publisher: AVON Historical Romance

Copyright Date: 2011

Print Date: March 2011

ISBN: 9780061963094

Pages: 370

Series: 2nd of the Madison Sisters series.

Book Description (from dust jacket):

Desperately seeking a husband…

Suzette is not like other heiresses; she wants a poor husband. A gentleman who will be so grateful for her dowry that he will allow her access to her dowry so she can help pay off her father’s gambling debts. When this alluring beauty encounters Daniel Woodward — handsome, titled, single…and even more impoverished than she could have hoped for — it seems Suzette’s wildest dream has come true.

But Daniel has not been truthful. Tired of being accosted by an endless stream of vapid coquettes and their fortune-hunting mothers, Daniel has decided to plead poverty to stop them in their tracks. Yet here is a most refreshing and delectable lady who claims to be thrilled by his penury. Now all Daniel has to do to find true happiness is to keep a little white lie alive… while avoiding a dastardly villain who’s determined to prevent this union by any means necessary.
Comments:

 I pretty much expect to enjoy a Lynsay Sands book. And the blurb on this one sounded like my kinda story.  I especially like her Argeneau series and Love is Blind. I enjoyed this book as well, though it won't join my favorites. The characters were likeable enough as was the story. But...

This is technically the 2nd of the Madison Sister series, but really they (The Countess and The Heiress) overlap. I'm just not a huge fan of overlapping books, especially romances (reminds me of Jude Deveraux's Chandler Twin books. There's one that I re-read and one I'll never read again, even years later). Anyway, I don't know if I'll ever read the "first" book, The Countess. But if I do, I'll have to make sure I don't remember anything about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.