Monday, May 30, 2011

Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls


Title: Ghouls, Ghouls, Ghouls

Author: Victoria Laurie

Publisher: Obsidian Mystery

Copyright Date: 2011

Print Date: January 2011

ISBN: 9780451231970

Pages: 336

Series: 5th in the Ghost Hunter Mystery series

Book Description (from back cover):

GHOST HUNTERS TURNED TREASURE HUNTERS

When M.J. and the crew of her cable TV show, Ghoul Getters, venture to the haunted ruins of Dunlow Castle in Ireland, they hope that the road will rise up to meet them, that the wind will always be at their backs, that the sun will shine warm upon their faces...and that the resident phantom won't push them off a cliff.

That is what has befallen others drawn to the castle by the legend of hidden treasure. Dunlow Castle has more spooks than turrets — including the long-dead lord in all his ghostly greediness — but they pale in comparison to the phantom. If M.J. and her fellow ghost busters treasure their lives, they need to get the drop on the menacing phantom – before they plunge headfirst into one cliff-hanger of an ending....
Comments:

Issues with the author aside (see my post for Ghouls Gone Wild), I do keep coming back to this series... a sign that I enjoy it. I was immensely pleased that I, as the reader, wasn't lectured about believing in psychics, etc. except slightly on one page some 200+ pages in. I was not so pleased that M.J. often seemed to treat Gilly more like a pet than a human being.  Beyond that it was an interesting story.

5 comments:

  1. I went back and read the other post. I had no idea about the drama she caused over her reviews. I've been wanting to read the Psychic Eye series and since I'm no longer blogging, I think I'm safe...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel like I can post without making some reference to it... Because I feel guilty for supporting an author who acted that way (and I saw the amazon stuff before it was deleted). But yeah, you should be safe. =)

    Do you need any of them? I have the first 5 or 6 of the Psychic Eye series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously know what you mean. And why an author would commit such an act...I use to say only the self-publish authors acted this stupid, but Joseph Finder has been blasting away Amazon reviewers over negative reviews of his book. And that dude hits the best-selling lists every time. Has me scratching my head in wonderment.

    Cool! Our library has the series. I vaguely remember you reading them. You did, right? I'm not going crazy, right? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the 1st one (before the hoopla) and started collecting the series, but never read beyond that. I'm afraid you are going crazy. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - that's alright. I feel sanity is overrated. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.