Sunday, March 6, 2011

Texas Wildflower


Title: Texas Wildflower

Author: Susan Wiggs

Publisher: Zebra Historical Romance

Copyright Date: 1987, 2002

Print Date: March 2008

ISBN: 9781420101745

Pages: 416

Book Description (from back cover):
All her life, beautiful Shiloh Mulvane has wanted to follow in her father's revered footsteps as one of the Texas frontier's greatest detectives. Now, she finally has her chance — by bringing sexy outlaw Justin McCord to her employer, a powerful judge who wants him to marry the daughter he allegedly compromised. But Justin has other ideas. The secret spy has a mission to complete, one that holds the fate of a free Texas in the balance. He knows what will happen once they reach Houston: he'll be forced into a sham of a marriage that will allow the corrupt judge to destroy the dream of Texas independence he's fought for, unless...he's already married. In one bold moment, the tables turn, and Shiloh finds herself the captive of a new husband she cannot trust or completely resist. What begins as a desperate ruse soon leaves them both vulnerable to a passion as wild and unforgiving as the land they both love, even as they are pursued by those who would stop at nothing to destroy everything they hold dear...
Comments:

So Susan Wiggs is an author I used to read quite a lot of. Like, I know there were a couple years where I went through most of her works that I could find in the county library and the city library (separate systems) near my university. Because this would have been published by then, it's possible I've read it before. I can't remember (I believe I've mentioned before it's easy to forget historical romances). Hence this post. (I'm determined to do a post for all new-to-me books — not counting children's).

Anyway, if I did read it before, I don't know if I liked it or not. Whatever the case, I didn't love it this time. I didn't hate it; this particular book just wasn't for me at this point and time. I have a few other books by Susan Wiggs that I know I haven't read and still plan to try. We'll see how those go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.