Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Long Quiche Goodbye


Title: The Long Quiche Goodbye

Author: Avery Aames

Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime Mystery

Copyright Date: 2010

Print Date: July 2010

ISBN: 9780425235522

Pages: 309 + Recipes

Series: 1st in the Cheese Shop Mystery series

Book Description (from back cover):
Welcome to the grand opening of Fromagerie Bessette. Or as it's more commonly known by the residents of small town Providence, Ohio — The Cheese Shop. Proprietor Charlotte Bessette has prepared a delightful sampling of bold Cabot Clothbound Cheddar, delicious tortes of Stilton and mascarpone, a taste of sauvignon blanc, and for the pièce de résistance a little crime of passion...

Charlotte has barely begun melting like fondue in front of a handsome artisianal cheese supplier named Jordan when a blood-curdling shriek disrupts the festivities. Right outside the shop, Charlotte finds a body, the victim of stabbed to death with one of her prized olive-wood-handled knives. As the police leap to conclusions, it's up to Charlotte to find the real killer...


Comments:

So this was a slow starter for me (I began it in January, set it down for a while, and read the bulk in February). But once I really sat down with it, I found it to be an enjoyable first in what promises to be an entertaining series.

The characters were ... interesting. None of them were really like anybody I know, from Charlotte down. I couldn't help, when Charlotte went on about various flavors of cheese, wondering what she would recommend for someone as picky as myself. Each time this thought passed through my head, it was followed by something along the lines of, "But I would never ask!" Because, man alive, I'm pretty sure I would find a real-life Charlotte intimidating. The next in the series, Lost and Fondue, comes out this May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.