Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Signing, Review Requests, etc.

So you don't think I've abandoned my poor blog (again), I'm going to give some general updates.

First, I'm hoping to go to my first author signing this coming weekend and for a pretty big name in paranormal romance. I'm excited, I'm nervous, and I'm making a weekend of it (seeing a MS/HS/College friend, visiting two cities where I went to school, etc.). I'm also scrambling trying to remember the etiquette (I've "heard") for that kind of event. I know you're supposed to buy something (I'll be purchasing her most recent book). But what else (signing of backlist copies, etc.)? I suspect I'll be doing some looking into that.

Second, I finally (about time!)read The Demon's Librarian by Lilith Saintcrow and should be posting my thoughts soon. My first such post in over two months. I think I feel nerves coming on...

Third, 1 day after I post that I'm back from my unannounced hiatus and I have a request to review a book (w/ attached PDF file). *Blinks* I had a fairly consistant (or at least I tried) blog for over a year with no such requests... The closest being when I mentioned a book I was planning to read on the "What Are You Reading on Mondays" meme; the author asked that I review it when I read it. Since I had already checked it out on my own that hardly counts.

Anyway, this author said something along the lines of seeing my "lovely" blog. I can't help but wonder if he saw (or thought through) how long it has been since I reviewed anything and that (presumably) most of my readership wouldn't really be following me again (yet, I hope). But in any case, the story looks interesting. It kinda fits the type of thing I read, so once I get my Reader charged and copy the file to it... we'll see. I only mention it now because the timing seems so strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.