This week's spotlight is on our Favorite Male Mystery Writers.
I have to say this is difficult for me. It'd be much easier if it was just Male Writer or Male Fantasy Writer. The problem is I apparently don't read much by Male Mystery Writers.
- I've read 2 James Patterson books as a teen and hated them. I've been meaning to try again, but haven't yet.
- I've been stockpiling Lawrence Block books, but I wanted to have most the series before I started so... no go.
- I read one Harlan Coben book, but I don't feel I can say he's a favorite until I've read more. Same for John Sandford. And I LOVED The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler (read as audio...Elliot Gould was the perfect voice for it). But again, I've only read the one book by him.
- There is John J. Lamb and his cozy Teddy Bear Collector series. But while I enjoyed the series, can I really say he's my favorite male mystery author?
- And as a teen I read a lot of John Grisham and Jack Higgins (particularly his Sean Dillon books), but those are more thrillers, right?