Tuesday, June 8, 2021

It's Monday! What are you reading? 06/07/2021


Hosted by: Book Date
Life:

I'm going to try being better about the blogging thing.  I last did one of these Monday posts a year ago though, so we'll see.  Life has been chaotic.  Summer reading has started at work, and we are moving out of the pandemic era (although we aren't there yet).  It is now time for me to adjust to this new management position during "normal" times.

What else?  My father's a mess (see my post from March if you're wondering, but warning it is long one and probably full of triggers).  My mother just had a medical procedure this past week.  We recently refinanced the house; I now have my first ever mortgage - in my late 30s.  I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle and might soon be going back to the gym for the first time in 1.5 yrs.  I haven't turned in a single assignment on time yet this semester of grad school.  I'm attempting to re-learn playing an instrument after a 20ish year break; I'm three lessons in, so we have yet to see.  

I recently binged New Girl in its entirety.  I watched the first season when it was brand new, but never followed through.  After 7 seasons worth of episodes crammed together, I still have some of the character voices in my head the better part of a week later.


This week I finished:

A Day for Rememberin': The First Memorial Day
by Leah Henderson and illustrated by Floyd Cooper

The Way of the Househusband, Vol. 5 by Housuke Oono

A Great Reckoning (Armand Gamache, Bk 12) by Louise Penny and narrated by Robert Bathurst

Hero's Journey
(Sweet Pepper Brigade Mystery, Bk 1.5) by J.J. Cook

The Librarian's Stories
by Lucy Falcone and illustrated by Anna Wilson

Jump at the Sun: The True Life Tale of Unstoppable Storycatcher Zora Neale Hurston
by Alicia D Williams and illustrated by Jacqueline Alcántara

Dear Librarian
by Lydia M. Sigwarth and illustrated by Romina Galotta

Murder Most Sweet
(Bookish Baker Mystery, Bk 1) by Laura Jensen Walker



 
 
 
 
 
Currently reading:

Hollywood Ending
(Detective by Day Mystery, Bk 2) by Kellye Garrett

This isn't a book in the traditional sense - it's a lecture - but I'm currently listening to Women of the Revolution: The Remarkable Stories You've Never Heard (One Day University) by Carol Berkin, Baruch College


 
 
Up next:

I'm very behind on my reading overall, so I can't say with any certainty.  But I think I may shoot for The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict.  I've had it checked out from the library forever, it is out of renewals, and it sounds great.

What are you reading?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for all you've been through. I do hope things calm down. It's great that everything is starting to get back to normal.

    I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Life isn't all bad; it just has a lot of change and busyness.

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Goodness gracious! I can certainly empathize with you as you care for your parents! I pray for strength and healing for all of you! I added The Librarian's Stories to my wish list on paperbackswap! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy The Librarian's Stories.

      And thank you! I've been watching my mother and her siblings handle the aging of their parents. It is certainly not an easy part of life. I hope your family is healthy and well.

      Happy reading!

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.