Monday, October 24, 2016

City of Bones

Title: City of Bones

Author: Cassandra Clare [Author Website][Shadowhunters Website][Facebook][Twitter]

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Series: Mortal Instruments, Bk 1

ISBN: 9781416955078

Length: 485 pages

Obtained: Personal copy.  I don't remember how I got it, though I'm sure it was used.

Why this book?:

As usual lately, I was looking to clear shelf space by reading something that has been in my TBR forever.  As the first in a series for which I have 3 (rather hefty) books, this seemed like a reasonable option.

Comments:

I have heard positive feedback from those who love this series.  And I've heard negative feedback from those who disliked it.  So I didn't know what to expect going in.  It wasn't hard to get into, which was a concern prior to starting it.  But I did think quite often throughout, "This book is LONG.  When is it going to end?"

I liked Clary well enough, but didn't really care about pretty much any the other characters.  I suspect this is part of what made it difficult.  She was having all this confusion about these characters that I didn't like or trust and rather thought she'd be better off avoiding.  On the other hand I understood she had a quest that she couldn't really do on her own.

Anyway, it must have hooked me more than I thought, because I went into reading the second book that same evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.