Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Doggone

Title: Doggone

Author: Gabrielle Herkert [Linkedin]

Publisher: Obsidian Mystery

Series: Animal Instinct Mystery, Bk 2

ISBN: 9780451224736

Length: 332 pages

Obtained: Personal copy - I think I might have gotten it via paperbackswap.com some time agao, but I don't remember for sure.

Why this book?:

I was trying to figure out which books I could read in an effort to further reduce my collection of books.  It picked me up right away, but I had other books to get to first.  So weeks later, I could choose a new book, it was right there, and I snagged it.

Comments:

It has been YEARS since I read the first book in this series, Catnapped (library copy).  I did not (and still do not) remember the story - only that I enjoyed it.  But I was still able to quickly get into this one.  I really enjoyed it.

I read much of it while sitting in a parking lot waiting on someone shopping, and the great humor and characters made up for the obnoxious humidity and heat.  I liked Sara, Connor, Connor's family and SEAL buddies (though I withheld reality that they would be able to watch Sara like they did without getting in trouble with the bosses), and the dog, Pavarotti.

I was deeply disappointed that the third book in the series, Horsewhipped (for which there is a sneak peek in the back of this one), was never released as scheduled and that apparently Gabriella Herkert has disappeared from the face of the earth.  Okay, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but her website no longer exists, and the only social media found is Linkedin.  Though it seems her law career is thriving.

Anyway, such is life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.