Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Uncerain Allies (Connor Grey, Bk 5) AND New Tricks ; Unleashed ; Play Dead (Dog Days, Bks 2-4)

Uncertain Allies (Connor Grey, Bk 5)

Author:  Mark Del Franco [Website][Facebook]

Publisher: ACE Fantasy

Series: Connor Grey, Bk 5

ISBN: 9781101514078

Length: 308 pages

Obtained: Library ebook copy

Why this book?:  I've been reading the series.

New Tricks (Dog Days, Bk 2)

Author: John Levitt [Website] aka J. R. Levitt

Publisher: Ace Books

Series: Dog Days, Bk 2

ISBN: 9781440642814

Length: 320 pages

Obtained: Library ebook copy

Why this book?:

I've been reading the series.

Unleashed (Dog Days, Bk 3)

Author: John Levitt [Website] aka J. R. Levitt

Publisher: Ace Books

Series: Dog Days, Bk 3

ISBN: 9781101151532

Length: 304 pages

Obtained: Library ebook copy

Why this book?:

I've been reading the series.

Play Dead (Dog Days, Bk 4)

Author: John Levitt [Website] aka J. R. Levitt

Publisher: Ace Books

Series: Dog Days, Bk 4

ISBN: 9781101477786

Length: 304 pages

Obtained: Library ebook copy

Why this book?:

I've been reading the series.


Comments:

I was on something of a Urban Fantasy kick, finishing up some series I had started.  I read all of these in December 2014.

Uncertain Allies - More of the world tearing apart and Connor being blamed for at least some of it.  By this point I was ready for Connor to get a break.

New Tricks - Mason doesn't clue in about something pretty big, and his poor judgment of character was very annoying.  But otherwise I guess the book was okay.

Unleashed - The title says it all.  Bad stuff has been unleashed on the world.  Mason must fix this (not only to save the world, but because he is at least partially to blame).

Play Dead - The cliffhanger ending, combined with the fact that this is likely the last book (no more are planned), has overwhelmed the rest of the story for me.  What on Earth?

Anyway, this meant the end to the Dog Days series, and I finished the final Connor Grey book, Undone Deeds, in the new year (post to come).  You know what I was thinking as I read these?  I want another Twenty Palaces book by Harry Connolly (another series that is gone).  ::sigh::  Maybe I'll finally read some of the Dresden series soon (as almost EVERYONE refers to it when speaking of male-author urban fantasy series).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.