Sunday, July 27, 2014

365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life

Title: 365 Thank Yous: The Year a Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life aka A Simple Act of Gratitude: How Learning to Say Thank You Changed My Life

Author: John Kralik [Website]

Publisher: Hyperion

ISBN: 9781401324056

Length: 212 pages + "Appendix I" + "Appendix II"

Obtained: Library book club kit copy

Why this book?:

This was the selection for the August discussion of my grandma's book club.

Comments:

I feel like I should do a "Why this book? Part 2," because while this is the upcoming discussion book, I don't necessarily read them all.  And I did read this one.  Within four days of receiving my copy and well before the discussion date (I'm a bit late with this post).  I thought it sounded interesting before, and it's small (which usually means quick).  Plus, I appreciated the simple writing.

I didn't agree with everything the writer said and did (of course not!), but I did find the book inspiring.  I was excited after I finished reading it, thinking about who I could write notes to and telling my mother about the book.  I know I am not grateful enough in my life.  Reading this book didn't tell me that.  It inspired me to start improving in this area.

I look forward to the discussion about this with the book club.  I'm sure there are going to be some different opinions and interesting thoughts.

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.