Friday, June 13, 2014

Hounded

Title: Hounded

Author: Kevin Hearne [Website][Facebook][Twitter]

Publisher: Del Rey Ballantine Books

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles, Bk 1

ISBN: 9780345522474

Length: 289 pages

Obtained: Complimentary copy provided at a signing at a convention

Why this book?:

I took it because it was free, the series sounded interesting from a panel I had heard Kevin Hearne speak at, and I wanted the author's signature.

I read it because I was in the right mood and remembered it sounded interesting from the panel.

Comments: 

I enjoyed this book and immediately found (in ebook format), and read, the short story that comes before it, Grimoire of the Lamb, once I'd finished it.    

But I'm jumping ahead, so let me backtrack.  Hounded features the Druid currently called Atticus O'Sullivan.  He's lived thousands of years.  He's been pretty much on the run (if you can call it that) with a highly coveted magical sword from an angry Celtic love god. But now he's found a comfortable place and is starting to develop roots.  Which means he is ready to stand his ground and fight.

And all the earth-related phrases I just used were unintentional but surprisingly accurate.  Because as a Druid, Atticus is very connected with the earth and actually draws his power from it.

Anyway, I'm excited to read the 2nd book in the series, Hexed, which has finally came in at the library.  I just needed to write this up first before the series becomes a blur in my head.

Title: Grimoire of the Lamb

Author: Kevin Hearne [Website][Facebook][Twitter]

Publisher: Del Rey Ballantine Books

Series: Iron Druid Chronicles, Bk 0.5

ISBN: 9780345548290

Length: 76 pages

Obtained: Library ebook copy

Why this book?:

It comes before Hounded and I like to read books as much in order as possible.  Plus it was available that night.

Comments: 

This is a story of Druid meets (or meets again) Egyptian mythology.  It was quick, fun, and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.