Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam

Title: The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam


Author: Chris Ewan [Website][Facebook][Twitter]
Publisher: St. Martin's Minotaur

Series: The Good Thief's Guide to..., Bk 1

ISBN: 9780312376338

Length: 238 pages

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?: 

It's a thief book.  And a book about an author who writes thief books.  And a mystery.  I was intrigued.

Comments: 

I'll be brief.  Charlie is an author of thief books.  He's also a thief.  The book starts with a man offering him a job - steal some cheap little evil see, do, speak figurines from two locations while the man has dinner with the occupants of those homes.  And Charlie does, but things go awry from there (or maybe even before that).  Now Charlie's figuring out just what is so special about these figurines and who the murderer is, all while looking for a fix for a major plot hole in his current work-in-progress.

I enjoyed the book.  I wished I had paid more attention to the descriptions of Amsterdam when I realized I'd be there for about 24-hrs.  As it is, all I can say is WOW.  I knew there'd be a lot of bike travel.  I remembered that much.  But there are bikes EVERYWHERE.  I didn't get as far around as Charlie did.  But I did get to see the Van Gogh museum (briefly - I had a plane to catch).

Anyway, I do intend to read more of the series, the next being The Good Thief's Guide to Paris.

Trailer:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.