Monday, January 27, 2014

Elemental books

In preparation for my England trip I checked out the max number of eBooks possible on my Kindle (10) to save space in my luggage.  Among those was the first short story and first full length story in this series.  While there I ended up also downloading and reading the second book in the series (also from the library).  I hope to be reading more of the series soon.


"Elemental" (Elemental, Bk 0.5) by Brigid Kemmerer -

An interesting introduction to this YA series.  I liked the characters, Emily and Michael.  The ending is pretty suspenseful, so I moved right on to the next book ASAP.

Storm (Elemental, Bk 1) by Brigid Kemmerer -

The first full length book in the series and I expected it to see more about Michael and Emily.  Instead it features Becca and Chris.  I suddenly didn't like Michael very much, and I certainly didn't like how things turned out from his short story.  But I can't say more without major spoilers.  But Becca and Chris were okay, and you definitely get more of a feel for the world/setting.

Spark (Elemental, Bk 2) by Brigid Kemmerer -

Featuring another brother, Gabriel, and a girl named Layne.  But this book reminded me of the 1999 movie She's All That with Freddie Prince Jr. and Rachel Leigh Cook.  Even the characters names. Layne = Laney and her brother Simon (both book and movie) who live with their father...  Once I got past the similarities, I enjoyed the angsty story.  Especially Gabriel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.