Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Christie Curse

Title: The Christie Curse

Author: Victoria Abbott [Website] aka mother/daughter team Mary Jane Maffini [Website] AND Victoria Maffini [Facebook][Twitter]

Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime Mystery

Series: Book Collector Mystery, Bk 1

ISBN: 9780425255285

Length: 291 pages + "Recipes"

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

I'd been interested in it since I first heard of it.  I've heard great things since.  And I knew the 2nd book had just come out.

Comments:

Jordan has gotten a new job for a reclusive working with her rare book collection.  First task, track down an elusive play written by Agatha Christie - if it actually exists.  But thats not such an easy thing to do.  There's a lot about Agatha Christie discussed throughout the book that I never knew.

Anyway, I was interested with the book collector aspect of this.  I enjoyed the characters, particularly Jordan.  And I was met with two pleasant surprises.  One, Jordan comes from a thief family.  I love stories with good-guy thieves.  And two, the authors, Mary Jane and Victoria Maffini are Canadian!  Which means this book goes toward The 7th annual Canadian Book Challenge.

I've already read book 2, The Sayers Swindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.