Sunday, December 29, 2013

Clash of the Demons

Title: Clash of the Demons (published in the UK as The Spook's Sacrifice)

Author: Joseph Delaney [Website][Facebook]; Illustrations by Patrick Arrasmith [Website]

Publisher: Greenwillow Books

Series: The Last Apprentice, Bk 6

ISBN: 9780061344633

Length: 395 pages + some entries in "The Journal of Thomas J. Ward"

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

I thought this was were I was at in the series.   However, I apparently skipped one, so I'll be starting that soon.

Comments: 

Thomas's mam is back and she needs his help.  She needs him and the Spook to come to Greece and help fight against an old evil.  The Spook's duty is toward the County not Greece.  But a loss could mean danger for everywhere - even the County.  And of course Tom has an additional loyalty for his mam.

But this trip is more than traveling toward evil.  It also means allying themselves with their enemies for the greater good.  And that sacrifice may just be too big.  Which leads to the next book.

So I'll be catching up on two books in this series soon - Bk 5, Wrath of the Bloodeye (The Spook's Mistake) - unless I really did read it after all - and Bk 7, Rise of the Huntress (The Spook's Nightmare).

Oh, and I just found out there's a movie coming out soon!

The Illustrator talking about how he does what he does (very cool creepy art, by the way)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.