Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Carol Murder

Title: Christmas Carol Murder

Author: Leslie Meier [Website][Facebook]

Publisher: Kensington Books

Series: Lucy Stone Mystery, Bk 20

ISBN: 9780758277015

Length: 262 pages

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

It's the most recent in the series and perfect for the season.

Why I shouldn't have read this book (yet)?:

I think I read Chocolate Covered Murder (Bk 18), though I never posted it.  Unfortunately, it seems I failed to read Easter Bunny Murder (Bk 19).  I could kick myself!  This is not a good series to read out of order.

Comments:

This book looks at the financial hardship experienced by many in the U.S. over the past several years.  Especially hitting on the housing market and foreclosures.   There was a brief mention of the upcoming health care plan and the confusion people are feeling.   Especially as relates to a family with a very ill child.  These elements work for the overall A Christmas Carol theme.

I did not guess the murderer from among the many suspects.  However, I felt at least one of the characters was inconsistent from the first mention in the story to the second.  And there were some side elements that I thought had an obvious conclusion much sooner than it did.

I have mixed feeling about this series.  I'm 20 books in (nearly) and still reading.  So something is good/interesting enough to keep me going.  But after I finish a book in this series, I generally feel it was just okay.  What's up with that?  ::shrug::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.