Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Potion to Die For

Title: A Potion to Die For

Author: Heather Blake [Website] [Facebook] aka Heather Webber [Website]

Publisher: Obsidian Mystery

Series: Magic Potion Mystery, Bk 1

ISBN: 9780451416308

Length: 313 pages

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

I had put in a purchase request because it looked interesting.  It happened to be due in a day, I was ready for the next book, and I decided to try this one.

Comments: 

I've read and enjoyed a couple of the Wishcraft books, so I wasn't surprised to find that I enjoyed this book as well.  Carly owns a potion shop.  Her cousin owns a hex shop.  She's a good witch who inherited the family secret ingredient.  Her cousin is the dark witch who want the family's secret ingredient.  And then a dead body shows up in her shop and her clientèle doesn't trust her potions quite so much.  Her cousin doesn't seem quite all that bad.  And other things are turning topsy turvy as well.

I really thought Carly should have been a little less black & white given her cousin more of a chance.  Which is saying something because I've been criticized for not seeing shades of gray.  Carly also seems a little flaky in some ways.  Nevertheless, I still liked her character and look forward to seeing more of her (and her ex, cousin, and others) in the second book due out in November 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.