Friday, July 5, 2013

Fonduing Fathers

Title: Fonduing Fathers

Author: Julie Hyzy


Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime Mystery

Series: White House Chef Mystery, Bk 6

ISBN: 9780425251812

Pages: 277 + Recipes

Obtained: Library copy

Why this book?:

This is the most recent book in the series.  It was appropriate for the time of year - White House / the 4th... Plus, the book launch for Julie Hyzy's most recent book (part of the Manor House Mystery series) is coming up, and I need to be caught up for that.

Comments:

I was happy with how Ollie's romantic life is going.  I'm not going to say anymore on that point.

I'm also pleased with how things are going for her professionally.  Her role in the White House seems to be more settled.  Josh (the President's son) is a great character.  And Sargeant is shaping up to be a character I appreciate as well. 

And was glad to see some of her family history questions would be answered.  It's about time.

I can only wonder what all this wrapping up means for the rest of this series, though.  Can't wait to read Home of the Braised due out in January 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.