Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Argh! In which I'm overrun by audiobooks!

I have recently obtained from the library several all at once.  And I have more holds that came in.  And I have a more coming in soon.  But perhaps you think I'm exaggerating?  Being a drama queen?  Over the top?  I think not.

Checked out...
  • Speaking From Among the Bones by Alan Bradley; Read by Jayne Entwistle (8 discs ; 10.03 hours)
  • The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny; Read by Ralph Cosham (11 discs ; 13.5 hours)
  • The Diviners by Libba Bray; Read by January LaVoy (15 discs ; 18.25 hours)
On hold (will be checked out tomorrow)...
  • The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan; Read by Jesse Bernstein (7 discs ; 7.93 hours)
  • Inside Seal Team Six: My Life and Missions with America's Elite Warriors by Don Mann; Read by Peter Ganim (8 discs ; around 9 hours)
I'll be getting very soon (because they just came from the vendors and holds are rushed through)...
  • A Brew To Kill by Cleo Coyle; Read by Rebecca Gibel (9 discs ; 10.46 hours)
  • The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente; Read by S.J. Tucker (7 discs ; 8.35 hours)
I listen to audiobooks one at a time and my schedule has to work just so to move through one at a decent pace.  How am I supposed to handle 5-7 all at once?!

Well, perhaps to some veteran audio listening I am being a bit of a drama queen, but for me this is a LOT.  But I think I feel better having this out there, so thanks for reading. =)

4 comments:

  1. Argh, I know the feeling. Last summer I was out of state and forgot to set my audio holds further out and 26 (yes 26) came in all at once. I was so embarrassed. That taught me never EVER to request more than I could handle at one time. I ended up picking them all up but it was not a good experience. The librarian was irritated because she had to check them all out and count each disc. Ugh, it too forever. I ended up converting the ones I couldn't read and putting them on my IPod to listen to later. I use CD extractor program. It takes some time to do but it was a lifesaver in that situation because I never would've finished them all in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine getting 26 all in at once. 8-O Wow. My 5-7 is enough for me.

      Delete
  2. Jo, I've been going through about two or three audio books a week. It's walking and house cleaning that's my motivator. ;) That being said, you are getting in a chunk at once. That happens to me with me and my library holds too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at the mercy of my (work) schedule until I get better about the walks.

      It's bad enough when it happens with print books.

      Delete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.