Monday, August 20, 2012

Some of the children's books I've read lately....

Goodnight iPAD by Ann Droyd

This is a parody of the classic children's book Goodnight Moon.  I've never understood the appeal of Goodnight Moon but when a co-worker was looking at some children's books and I saw this one... It's hilarious and I had to check it out and show it around.  I was especially amused by the parts relevant to my sister's household.  It's a great commentary on all the technology surrounding us.  And the illustrations are great all on their own.




ABC ZooBorns! by Andrew Bleiman and Chris Eastland

I was skimming some of the recent additions to the local library's children's collection on Wowbrary when I saw this book.  I had to check it out.  The illustrations are downright ADORABLE.  The baby animals had me cooing and awwing consistently.  Same for my sister and niece when they saw it.  But (imo) the writing is just eh.



Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard

I picked this up because grumpy bird reminded me of the angry birds.  I know nothing about them except that my nephew loves them.  The story itself was cute.  Grumpy bird wakes up too grumpy to even fly.  So he decides to walk.  And animal friend after animal inquires about what he's doing and decides to tag along.  Grumpy bird is getting grumpier and grumpier until finally... well, you'd have to read it to find out.



Monkey Colors by Darrin Lunde; Illustrated by Patricia J. Wynne

A co-worker recommended this to me.  The pictures are nice, and it's informative.  The writing is easy reading for young children (some monkeys are red, some are yellow, etc.) throughout, then has more detailed information about each monkey at the end.  And according to my dad, my 4 year old nephew loved the map at the end; it shows where the monkeys can be found.  He has a thing for maps in general, so I guess that's not saying much, but still.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I never understood the appeal about Goodnight Moon either, but my kids LOVED that book. I think it relaxed them at night...then again, music did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never read Goodnight Moon until I was an adult, so I don't know how I would have felt about it when I was little. I guess I can see relaxing. If I equate relaxing with boring. ;p

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.