Thursday, December 22, 2011

Footsteps in the Dark

Title: Footsteps in the Dark
Author: Georgette Heyer
Narrated by: Maureen O'Brien
Publisher: Sound Library - BBC Audiobooks America
Length: 8 hrs 18 min on 7 Discs
Copyright: 1932, 1990

Synopsis (from Audio Editions):

Here in this charming but ancient priory mansion, five people learn that they share the summer with a ghost – and another presence, which may turn out to be even deadlier. Things that go bump in the night take on a sinister air when they learn that a murder is committed. First published in 1932.

My thoughts:

The last time I read Georgette Heyer I said I might enjoy it more if it were audio.  And I did.  This was the only one of her mysteries that my library has on audio, but I'm going to request they purchase more because I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I think I "read" it faster listening than I have done when reading vintage mysteries, too. 

There was great humor, I found myself giving a laugh here and there throughout (good thing I mostly listened when alone).  I did guess the main bad guy, but not for any particular reason and that was more to the end.
I was charmed.

3 comments:

  1. Hubby has read a book by Georgette Heyer, but I haven't. I'd really love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll stick to her audio, but I'd like to read more of her books. Did your hubby like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, he really did.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.