Friday, June 10, 2011

An Affair Without End


Title: An Affair Without End

Author: Candace Camp

Publisher: Pocket Star Books

Copyright Date:2011

Print Date: April 2011

ISBN: 9781439117996

Pages: 385

Series: 3rd in the Willowmere series

Book Description (from dust jacket):

When Oliver, Earl of Stewksbury, asks the dashing Lady Vivian Carlyle to ensure that his American cousins meet the cream of London society, he doesn't anticipate the danger she will pose to his own self-control. Thrown into intimate contact with the lovely lady, Oliver finds he cannot stop thinking of Vivian — of her wit, of her smile ... of her lips. And when Vivian, who has sworn never to subject herself to the bonds of matrimony, boldly suggests that she and Oliver become lovers instead, her scandalous proposal is temptation indeed! But with an alarming series of jewel thefts rocking London, the ever-outrageous Vivian insists on trying to discover the perpetrator despite Oliver's admonitions. And when a bold lady steps into danger, it is a gentleman's duty to protect her at all costs. What neither Oliver nor Vivian can anticipate, however, is the ultimate cost may be both their hearts....
Comments:

When I read a book by Candace Camp, I know I'll enjoy it. So when I picked this one up, I didn't worry about anything like series. Unfortunately, this means I skipped the first two books. Fortunately, I still enjoyed reading this book. (And hopefully I'll still get around to reading the other two.) I liked the characters (of course I'll still have to get to know them better later). I was especially fond of Vivian's brother. Overall, an enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love to hear from you!

Comments on posts older than 6 days are moderated.